Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tila Icosahedron Beaded Beads Necklace with Nuts and Washers in Blues with Lampwork Glass

For this whimsical necklace, I made 6 beaded beads, including 4 Nuts and Washers and a Tila Icosahedron and an Octahedral Cluster. Then, I added 5 borosilicate and lampwork glass beads torched by 5 different artists. Together they make a pallet of blues and silvery greens. This is an unusual and strand of beads, eclectic yet harmonious, and never to be repeated.
Beaded Bead Necklace
They're all strung on a 26 inch piece of silk and cotton cord, that I twisted and plied on my spinning wheel in colors that match the beads. I tied sliding knots so you can adjust the necklace to wear it long or short. Alternately, You could use this set as a beginning of a more elaborate necklace, but I would wear them just as they are, strung on cord.

Beaded Bead Necklace
 Includes 4 inches (10 cm) of beads. Largest beaded bead (the doughnut) measures an inch (25 mm).
Beaded Bead Necklace
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...