Thursday, January 9, 2014

Tutorial Celtic Knot Earrings and Beaded Rick Rack

I just released my newest tutorial on beaded rick rack and Celtic knotwork designs.  This tutorial starts with a beginner’s lesson on beaded rick rack in several sizes. Then you learn to make beaded squares, leading to the main pattern: the Celtic Knot Earrings shown here. The beaded rick rack technique works remarkably well with lots of different bead sizes. 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/174859574/
This pattern ends with 7 colorful pages of dozens of beading projects and illustrated designs to inspire you to make beautiful beaded rick rack and knotted jewelry.  In 2004, Blake Mellor and I published a paper together called, “On the Topology of Celtic Knotwork Design,” and I used what I learned from writing that paper to design some of the beadwork in this tutorial. 
This pattern is suitable for beginning bead weavers with enough design possibilities to entertain advanced bead weavers as well.

Because rick rack is a common textile trim, I'm considering this to be part 7 in my series, The Beaded Lace Adventure, where I aspire to write a series of tutorials designed around making a large collar necklace out of beaded lace. I am carefully documenting my process in this series, and I invite you to make a lace collar or cuff bracelet with me.

As always, thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. I think I may have mentioned in the past that I love Celtic knots. These are wonderful Gwen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...