Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Beaded Beads, What Else?

I put several new pieces in my Etsy shop this week, and now I'm going to tell you about them.  First is a beaded bead pendant that I made years ago.  Every bead larger than a size 8/0 seed bead is gemstone.  They include red rubies, white Australian opals and purple Russian charoite.  It took me a while to get it listed because I had originally wire wrapped it in three tiers, and I didn't like the overall composition.  I was reluctant to cut the sterling silver wire, but I finally did, and I like it much better now with just a single charoite hanging from the bottom. I tried remaking this bead with more standard sizes of glass beads, and my attempts were unsuccessful.  Alas, this is the only one quite like it.  One of a kind, OOAK, as they say.  I hope it goes to a good home.
I made two new pairs of DNA earrings.  The first pair are simply colored in silver and clear AB crystals.  Last time I ordered seed beads from Naturally Jennifer's Beads, she included a little baggie of the bugles, and I knew immediately that I would use them in some beaded DNA.  This pair has an 8-rung rainbow of bugle beads running down the middle of the double helix of silver seed beads.
The second pair is more simply colored, designed to be worn with any outfit.  They're just silver and clear AB crystals.
Here is a set of little orange pendants made with the technique I explain in the Rivoli Sunflower pattern, but a mini version.  The big orange faceted beads are cubic zirconia.  So, yah, they're super sparkly.  Yum.
Lastly, here's a necklace using a Time Machine beaded bead in the center and Double Rose Window beaded beads on the sides.  This necklace has real red rubies, antique German glass, and a variety of lampwork bead, handmade by various artists. It's plump and juicy for when you're feeling, you know, plump and juicy.
Want more? Click on the photos to go to the listings. Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the red and purple necklace. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little pendant! But for a minute I thought those little opals were twin beads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, they are roundelles with just one hole. I bought some twins and played with them a bit, but they are so irregular that everything I made is wonky. I hear super duos are better that way.

      Delete
    2. Yes, SuperDuos are much more regular. I've gotten a couple of flat designs to work well with twins, but I have the same wonkyness problem when I put them into beaded beads. I'm experimenting with SuperDuos on that front. We'll see how it goes.

      Delete
  3. I love that first bead. The gemstones are gorgeous and it truly is one of a kind. :) I agree with Cindy in that I first thought those opals were twins. The red necklace is also awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola a cual mas bonito ,besos

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...